Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mocha Madeira Cake

Murder Takes the Cake includes a few recipes in the back. The one I decided to try was the Mocha Madeira Cake. What appealed to me is that this cake is topped with sugar rather than frosting. For whatever reason, I’m not that much of a frosting fan.

This isn’t a light, fluffy cake, but rather more dense. It’s also definitely for chocolate fans (the flavor is excellent if
you love chocolate like I do). Madeira cakes are traditionally served with Madeira wine (hence the name), but I was satisfied with a large glass of milk.

This is a completely from scratch cake, but with only five ingredients, it's quite simple. The recipe calls for self-rising flour, which I bought before realizing that it's just regular flour with baking powder and salt already added. Definitely make your own self-rising flour if you have a recipe that calls for it. I'm going to be baking a lot of biscuits to use it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment